Summer can get pretty hot! Beat the heat with these tips, tricks, and recipes!
Let’s face it, summers are HOT! While the sun is shining, and the temperatures are up, it’s best to know a few things to help you beat the heat. We’ve got you covered! We’ve put together some ideas on how to keep cool in the summer heat.
If you love spending time outdoors, it’s important to have a shaded spot outside. You can achieve this with an outdoor set with an umbrella. You can also plant a lot of shade baring trees in a corner and that’ll give you natural shade. The umbrella and table set route is simplest and looks great!
When it’s a hot day out, sometimes you just need to have a popsicle! As an adult, the typical grocery store popsicles just don’t cut it. Luckily, there are so many easy and delicious popsicle recipes out there that only take a few minutes to whip up—all you have to do is wait for them to freeze, so plan ahead. Here is one to get you started. Prepare those taste buds!
Recipe: Creamy Island Coconut and Citrus Pops
(Popsicle mold for 8)
- 1 can of coconut milk (go full-fat for a creamier pop)
- 3 teaspoons fresh vanilla beans (can use vanilla bean extract or paste, but fresh will give you the best flavor!)
- 1 cup fresh citrus juice (for a really pretty color, use fresh blood oranges; they’re delicious and beautiful!)
- ¼ cup agave syrup or nectar (can substitute another sweetener)
- ½ cup of sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 blood orange (or citrus used)
- In small bowl, whisk coconut milk, vanilla bean, and 1.5 tablespoons agave, and coconut flakes till well-mixed. Adjust agave to liking.
- In another mixing bowl mix the citrus juice and rest of agave.
- Cut the orange into slices and remove peel. Add 1-2 ½ slices into each mold.
- First pour the coconut mix into each mold evenly. Freeze for 10 to 15 minutes, then top with citrus mix and poke sides with toothpick to pierce the coconut layer a bit with the citrus color. Freeze until firm.
- You can mix the citrus into the coconut for a creamier pop.
- When frozen, remove and leave out for 10 min or run bottoms of mold under hot water for a minute.
- Take one out and enjoy!
Another great way to cool off on a summer day is with the perfect beverage! It’s nice to sip on something cold and refreshing. Try this yummy drink next time you need to cool off.
Recipe: Watermelon Sparkler
- 10 cups seedless watermelon (cut them into chunks)
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1/2 cup seltzer water
- Watermelon wedges for garnish
- Lime slices for garnish
- Optional mint leaves for garnish
- Mix 5 cups of the seedless watermelon chunks and 1/2 cup of water in a blender until pureed.
- Press mix through sieve over medium bowl. Pour watermelon juice into pitcher.
- Do this with remaining watermelon and water.
- Add lime juice and agave and stir until it is well-mixed.
- Pour mix into 6 glasses filled with ice. Top each drink with seltzer water till glass is full.
- Place a straw into each glass and stir lightly, so the seltzer mixes a bit with the watermelon juice.
- Garnish each drink with watermelon wedge, sprig of mint, and lime slice.
Now, what’s better while enjoying a cold popsicle or yummy drink outside? A misting fan to really give you a nice breeze while kicking back and relaxing! Finding an outdoor misting fan to place near your covered area is the perfect way to complete your cool enclave to beat the heat this summer!