If you’re busy, eating breakfast isn’t always easy. Write down these quick on-the-go breakfast ideas!
As you’ve heard, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gives you the fuel your body needs to get the day started. If you’re busy running around in the mornings getting kids ready or packing lunches, a lot of the times you miss any opportunity to make yourself a quick bite to eat. Luckily, we put together some recipes for quick and healthy on-the-go breakfasts you can eat without changing your morning routine.
Eggcellent Cups Recipe:
Keep in mind you can add any veggies or ingredients. You can add crumbled turkey sausage or any protein you like.
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup skim or unsweetened milk alternative
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup spinach or kale
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons diced bell peppers (any color, try using red and orange)
- ½ cup sliced portabella mushrooms
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray (preferably coconut oil spray) and set aside.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium high. When hot, add onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Let cook till onions and mushrooms have browned a bit then add spinach.
- Cover skillet after turning burner off and let sit until spinach has just started to wilt. Take skillet off heat.
- In large bowl, whisk 6 egg yolks and 10 egg whites, salt, pepper, paprika, ¼ cup of swiss cheese, and milk.
- Let veggies cool down.
- Add the veggies to the egg mixture and mix lightly till all is well incorporated.
- Pour into greased muffin tin, top each with remaining swiss cheese and bake for 20 minutes, or until the centers have set and are no longer runny.
- Let cool completely and store in air tight container in the freezer.
- Grab one or 2 in the morning, pop in microwave for 30 seconds or so, and breakfast is served!
- You can eat these on your way out of the door, on your way to work, or at work!
Overnight Oats Recipe:
If you have more of a sweet tooth and prefer to start your day with something on the sweeter side, you cannot go wrong with overnight oats. There are so many varieties your options are endless with this basic recipe!
- 3 tablespoons quick cooking steel-cut oats
- ¼ regular quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon honey, agave nectar, or your favorite sweetener
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Your favorite fruits and nuts
- You’ll want to make these the night before you want them. Grab an air tight container or mason jar and add your dry oats.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Set in fridge and enjoy in the morning.
With this base, you can really do anything you want. After mixing all ingredients, try adding a layer of vanilla Greek yogurt, and top with fresh cut strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. You can also add in grated dark chocolate, peanut butter, pretty much anything you love! That’s why this is definitely one of the best on-the-go breakfast ideas.
Breakfast Burrito Recipe:
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ small diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup small diced onion
- 1 small diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh jalapeno
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In large bowl whisk eggs, ¼ cup cheddar cheese, milk, salt, and pepper.
- In medium high skillet, spray with cooking spray and cook the bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno.
- Once those seem cooked, toss in your diced tomatoes and stir until the tomatoes are warmed through.
- Pour in your egg mixture and scramble till cooked.
- Grab your tortillas and begin filling them with the scrambled egg mixture and top all with remaining cheese, cilantro, and a little salsa.
- Once all are filled, roll in some cooking wrap and then into an airtight container and store in the freezer.
- Take one out of the freezer when you’re ready to have one and microwave for 40 seconds or until fully heated.
While mornings can be hectic depending on your schedule, these easy on-the-go breakfast recipes are sure to fuel your body for the busy day ahead! Enjoy!